Free Agilent GC-MS software

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi!
I've written two applications for Agilent GC-MS (mine is 5973N/6890N with D00 ChemStation).

First one, MethodBrowser, lists all methods (.M folders) in a selected folder and enables you to quickly review their important parameters (comment, injection volume, oven program, soldil, MS on/off, ions...). Useful when you want to check some params while analysis is in progress or you don't want to start ChemStation just for that.

Other one, DatafileBrowser, lists all DataFiles (.D folders) in a selected folder and shows important parameters (filename, comments, operator, data & time...) for all of them. Useful when you're looking for some specific file among lots of them.

Both apps are free. If you are interested, mail me to orcicdejan@hotmail.com or orcicdejan@gmail.com, and I'll send it to you. Only two conditions: send me some data about you, and later, send me complaints/suggestions/comments, so I can improve them.

Dejan Orcic
Chemical analyst
Laboratory for ecotoxicology
Bio-ecology center
Novi Sad
Serbia & Montenegro

Will these applications work with B.00.00 and C.00.00 also? Since my version of D.00 is GLP/QA/Validated and all that good stuff, will these programs interfere with the audit trail of Chemstation, or have any other ill effects?

Thanks

1. I don't know if they will work with B.00 and C.00, but you can try.
2. Both apps just read informations from files, not change them, so there shouldn't be any problem. Only MethodBrowser's writing ability is to create it's config.ini file. DataFileBrowser creates info.txt file with your comments in choosen folders, but only if you ask it to do so. And that's it.

does it work with an FID detector instead of MS?

At this moment, no. If you send me some method and data files (or folders, to be correct) and expected data, I might modify the software. The problem is, some other versions of ChemStation (mine is D.00) store data in different way, so I would have to rewrite great deal of code. And, at the moment, I'm working 10/6, studying for some exam and planning my thesis, so I don't know if I'll have time to do it. But anyway, I can try.

BTW, if you use similar version of ChemStation and similar GC (mine is 6890N), MethodBrowser should show GC params correctly.

I forgot to mention: both apps are about 200kB each. So, it shouldn't be a problem to download it and try it, just ask by mail (I still don't have a web page).
5 posts Page 1 of 1