HPLC data processing everywhere?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
hi there,

I was wondering if anyone is aware of how to process HPLC data after acquisition.

We have Agilent machines, and ChemStation installed. As per our licence, the software can be used only on the PCs controlling the machines; to process data there's an infinite waiting list.

Is anyone aware of a method/software to process data after acquisition which comes to a reasonable cost?
Unfortunately, Philip Wenig's OpenChrom does not deal with FID data yet, so it is not an option to me.

Is the only solution a remote access to the machines during night time?
Am I asking for the 'Holy Grail'?

Many thanks for any suggestion.

best,

Miche
micheleee wrote:
hi there,

I was wondering if anyone is aware of how to process HPLC data after acquisition.

Unfortunately, Philip Wenig's OpenChrom does not deal with FID data yet, so it is not an option to me.

???

BTW - have you asked Agilent for a price of ChemStation with limited funcionality (no data aquisition, only reprocessing) ?
Aren't you reprocessing/reviewing data/results using the OFFLINE copy on your computer while the ONLINE copy is running analyses ? That's what we do.

And like previous post stated, standalone data analysis copies of software had been available for less cost, likely still are. You'd still need to copy Method, Sequence, and Data to that other computer through network, flash drive, or CD/DVD. But at least I didn't say floppy!
micheleee wrote:
Is anyone aware of a method/software to process data after acquisition which comes to a reasonable cost?

Is it possible to export the chromatogramm using NetCDF Format and import the file in OpenChrom (I don't know this software)?
I've "read" Agilent Chemstation GC-FID data files on an Agilent HPLC in Data analysis in the past. The scale will have different units though.

So maybe HPLC 3rd party software can open them too.
We support data processing for free
Formats supported:
http://www.unichrom.com/chrom/uc-ffe.shtml
6 posts Page 1 of 1