problem with the split module

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello!

Have anyone ever worked with a DANI Master GC?
I think I have a problem with the split module or maybe with the flow module... Someone know something about that?

Thank you!
Kaliane wrote:
Hello!

I think I have a problem with the split module or maybe with the flow module... Someone know something about that?

Thank you!

Hi
I work with DANI Master GC, what is your problem?
Do you have any error on the GC's Display about flow or pressure?
sana70 wrote:
Kaliane wrote:
Hello!

Thank you!

Hi

Hi!

No... There is no error on the GC's display... but the results are not reliable... the area of the peaks are getting smaller as the time is running... For example: in the beggining of the day (9:00), the sample have 124 mg/L... and in 13:30 the same sample have 99 mg/L... the sample analysis came from the same vial...so can't be humam error, for example...

How many is the percentage error in your GC?

Thank you!
Kaliane wrote:
sana70 wrote:
Kaliane wrote:
Hello!

Thank you!

Hi

Hi!

No... There is no error on the GC's display... but the results are not reliable... the area of the peaks are getting smaller as the time is running... For example: in the beggining of the day (9:00), the sample have 124 mg/L... and in 13:30 the same sample have 99 mg/L... the sample analysis came from the same vial...so can't be humam error, for example...

Thank you!

Hi
Are you sure that the sample have no volatile compound ?
and it was not vaporized, and your injections were repeatable
We have similar problems, please explain how to inject and your sample type and column.
sana70 wrote:
Kaliane wrote:
sana70 wrote:
Hi

Hi!

Thank you!

Hi
Are you sure that the sample have no volatile compound ?
and it was not vaporized, and your injections were repeatable
We have similar problems, please explain how to inject and your sample type and column.

The sample has volatile compound... like methanol...samples are wine... but we always analyse the kind of sample without problems... I believe sample's evaporationg isn't the problem because the analyte's amount increase some times... The same sample is injected a lot of times in sequence and the amounts observed increase and decrease randomly...
Do you have a similar problem? How did you fix it?
actually we couldn't fix it, we have to report the results by Area%, so when the peak size (all of peaks) were change, it is not affect on Area%
it is because of PFC, sometimes your peak are larger and sometimes smaller because PFC couldn't stable the pressure.
you should calibrate the PFC.
I hope you can fix it.
Forgive my poor English.
sana70 wrote:
actually we couldn't fix it, we have to report the results by Area%, so when the peak size (all of peaks) were change, it is not affect on Area%
it is because of PFC, sometimes your peak are larger and sometimes smaller because PFC couldn't stable the pressure.
I hope you can fix it.
Forgive my poor English.

I don't know what PFC means... Could you help me?
Kaliane wrote:
sana70 wrote:
I hope you can fix it.
Forgive my poor English.

I don't know what PFC means... Could you help me?

PFC is pressure flow controller, you can see its picture in service manual page 70 (code: 3415001554)
8 posts Page 1 of 1