size exclusion of liposomes

Discussions about gel permeation chromatography / gel filtration chromatography / size exclusion chromatography

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everybody!
I am new to the field. I'm doing cryo-TEM of liposomes and I wondered if we could use SEC to separate liposomes and other small particles (antibodies/gold nano particles) present in the buffer.
if there is another way it is done (not SEC I will also be happy to know....)
thanks!
Einat
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Good Suggestion Tom. I would like to add HILIC and/or HIC. SEC Needs Minimum 500Dalton and MW difference should be also 500Dalton to get a good Resolution.
Gerhard Kratz, Kratz_Gerhard@web.de
Gerhard:

Wouldn't the organic solvents used in HILIC cause the liposomes to fall apart? Conversely, I would be concerned that the structure-promoting salts used in HIC would cause them to aggregate. The critical micelle concentration of detergents decreases in direct proportion to the concentration of such salts. I would advise Einat to stick to regular SEC with a reasonable concentration of salt. Do choose an SEC material that has a fractionation range that encompasses his analytes.
PolyLC Inc.
(410) 992-5400
aalpert@polylc.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1