Gel Permeation Chromatography

Discussions about gel permeation chromatography / gel filtration chromatography / size exclusion chromatography

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew if HPLC Grade THF would be okay for running baseline and samples in my GPC that recycles HPLC Grade THF. I just ran a baseline with HPLC Grade THF and got some weird bands that far exceeded 300 mV.

In the past we have used Chromasolv Inhibitor Free THF for baseline and sample runs. I was told that HPLC Grade might also be used for baseline and samples- yet I find these odd bands in my baseline.

Can anyone provide some information or advise on this phenomenon?

Thank you,
Katie Flynn
Katherine T. Flynn, M.S.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

If you just want to get your analysis done, the easiest approach may be to switch back to the original grade.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
2 posts Page 1 of 1