Vintage chromatography parts/stuff for sale

Meetings, courses, hardware for sale or wanted, commercial messages.

32 posts Page 1 of 3
We're cleaning and rearranging, found some new "old parts" and have some used parts for sale, supply your E-mail address if interested and I'll contact you and ask you to make a reasonable offer. PayPal is preferred, but could do check or money order too. Shop early, as these parts will likely be discarded soon if not sold. I will edit this list as parts are sold, so if it's still listed here, it's available.

Brand new #03380-60070 print head for 1084, 5830, 5840

Used HP-IB/GPIB boards for the computer CPU (we use LAN now) 82335, 82341, 82350

Used communications interface boards for 1050 HPLC modules #5061-3382 and one #79853-68711 communications interface board with cable for a 1050 VWD module

Used Shimadzu AOC-20i GC injector tower and associated parts (this had been used on an Agilent 5890 until the separate HP-IB interface failed to communcate with the Agilent software, and Shimadzu only offered to sell a new interface module).

Brand new #05890-60945 motor for 5890 oven flapper assembly (different from a 6890 motor)

New oven heating wires, insulators, insulator retainers, etc. for the 5830 and 5840 series GC units.

We have other brand-new and some used 1050 spare parts available soon, as we shed our remaining 1050 systems, inquire. Sorry, we cannot sell complete 1050 modules, the trade-in agreement with Agilent was to keep using the modules or to use for parts only, cannot sell or donate modules.

We also have a few HP Agilent Controllers #18594B for 5890 units with 7673 autosamplers. Note that these apparently do not plug into 6890 GCs. We also have some used 5890 and 7673 parts as well, inquire. We also have hardcopy binders for the 5890.
what other 1050 parts do you have apart from the electronics? Do you have any flow cells from HP 1050 detectors? I am working on a side project viewtopic.php?t=25559 and I am on a lookout for some additional 1050 parts.
bigdawg wrote:
what other 1050 parts do you have apart from the electronics? Do you have any flow cells from HP 1050 detectors? I am working on a side project viewtopic.php?t=25559 and I am on a lookout for some additional 1050 parts.

I've got a standard flow cell for the 79853C VWD available used (had been used by us). Heck, I also have a complete 79853C VWD available, also used (had been used by us).

As to other 1050 parts, we've got all sorts of used 1050 parts. I've got pump heads, active inlet valves, multichannel gradient valves. vacuum pump for 1050 degasser, lots of stuff taken from modules no longer needed by us as we updated our systems, ALS parts, column heater compartment (Alltech, brand new).
KM-USA: I am really glad to hear your reply. Me and couple of my colleagues have built a working HPLC system which is currently being used by a High school science teacher in the local area here to perform various demonstrations. This HPLC is built completely from salvaged parts with arduino based electronics and labview based data acquisition software.

Our optical bench+flow cell is directly taken off from HP 1050 VWD however, the current flow cell leaks a little so I have been looking for a replacement.

Do you by any chance have the optical bench from HP 1050 MWD (79854A) diode array detector? I am thinking of working on it for my next project and have been personally looking for it for a while but I havnt been able to find any on ebay within my budget.

I havnt really taken apart a HP 1050 pump and for this project we instead used shimadzu/waters pumps since those were plentiful on ebay but I'll be glad if you can also let me know how much are you looking to get for all the remaining parts you have for the pump.

I am trying to make a pump which can run gradient methods, and for that I was thinking of getting a gradient proportioning valve (which it seems like you have) and playing with it to figure out the electronics involved.
So I hadnt even realized that I had created another username on this forum long time ago. both of those bigdawgs are me, I promise, although I aint 25 anymore :D
Bigdawg - I've E-mailed you.

No MWD or DAD parts available. I also have 35900D A/D boards for earlier computers and various GPIB boards too for GC or HPLC use.
I am interested if still available... please send information to atrinkle@gentechscientific.com
Amanda Trinkle
GenTech Scientific
Sales Manager

Your Value-Added Reseller

ATrinkle@GenTechScientific.com
www.GenTechScientific.com
Hi
I'm interested in PCI - GPIB boards.

Bahram111@yahoo.com
dr_bahram1977 wrote:
Hi
I'm interested in PCI - GPIB boards.

GTSAmanda wrote:
I am interested if still available... please send information

I did big bozo and didn't check here for a few weeks, this forum needs PM function.

Anyway, I did E-mail both of you today, sorry for the delay. Any legitimate offer works for me, just make offer in reply to E-mail.
These parts are still available - and very reasonable; I have to clean out the guest room closet soon, and they'll then be unavailable forever !!! Mrs. KM is getting antsy, wants to use that space!

I can accept PayPal, money order, or check only, no charge cards. I've dealt with others on this board such as Consumer Products Guy.

Edit: prefer to ship USA and Canada only, due to international complications.
Hi KM-USA,
Have you tried unloading this stuff to used equipment dealers? I know of (and have purchased from) American Lab Trading and I'm sure there are others out there too...
aidnai wrote:
Hi KM-USA,
Have you tried unloading this stuff to used equipment dealers? I know of (and have purchased from) American Lab Trading and I'm sure there are others out there too...

I did try one "rebuilder" but what hurt was I cannot do charge cards, and also that I won't ship to Europe or Middle East.

There's only a couple hundred dollars of total parts, if not sold by end of year will likely just go to metals recycler.

I have some vintage vehicles, and vintage parts keep these things running.
Hi KM-USA,

I am willingly to buy all the HP1050 spare parts if still available.
Please could you send me a list of the parts to : gizemtip@superonline.com
Thank you.
Uzman - I'm out of town, will get to this later this week, and contact you by E-mail. Mrs. KM-USA would like to get the boxes out of the closet too!
A bunch of stuff has been sold.

So here's the list of parts still available; there are 5890 GC parts too that are not on this list. And of course the HPIB/GPIB computer boards work with both GC and HPLC:

Number available (1 if no number listed) Part number (if readily discernible) Description
5 #82335 HPIB/GPIB board for computer
#82341 HPIB/GPIB board for computer
4 #82350A HPIB/GPIB board for computer
3 #35900D internal A/D board
#01046-60105 coaxial cable
>3 #35900-60900 A/D signal cable
>3 #35900-60750 A/D coaxial signal cable
#01040-60205 cable
#035900-60920 cable
#1018-66518 column heater board for pump module
#5061-3380 remote board?
Yokogawa Assy K9360DA-12 large circuit board