Job announcement, Imprint Analytics, Austria
Location: Science Park Mittelburgenland, Werner v. Siemens Straße 1, 7343 Neutal, Austria
Imprint Analytics is seeking an early-stage Laboratory Research Analyst with interests in chromatography and mass spectrometry. The successful applicant will be occupied in the context of Novel Food Authentication Methods of Analysis. She/he is expected to begin on the 1st of May 2018 or soon after.
This laboratory position offers a unique opportunity for young scientists to develop skills in a wide range of applications in chemical and stable isotope analysis: to verify the origin, identity and authenticity of products, to determine the source of products organic/conventional or biogenic/fossil, and to differentiate between synthetic and natural additives. Further types of analysis are offered for industrial applications such as batch comparison and batch quality, and to establish proof of patent infringement and imitation identification.
• Independently undertake analytical assignments, develop, implement and validate new methods and optimize existing laboratory services in the field of GC-MS, HPLC, GC-C/P-IRMS analysis
• Operate and maintain GC-MS and HPLC instrumentation
• Prepare and process samples for analysis
• Support the structure and content of industrial research proposals
• Support the management of consumables, reagents and chemicals
• University degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, food science or related fields
• Hands-on experience in GC or LC mass spectrometry, knowledge of instrument maintenance procedures (ion source, reactors, columns, capillaries, tubings)
• Basic expertise in one or more fields: stable isotope biogeochemistry, org. chemistry, bio-ecology, food chemistry, flavours and fragrances
• Well versed in MS-Office and computer software (incl. instrument software)
• English/German language skills mandatory; additional foreign languages beneficial
• Interest in advanced and follow-up training
• Highly committed, able to work under pressure, personal integrity, analytically structured thinking and in possession of good soft skills
• MSc or PhD in chemistry, biology, food science or related fields
• Expertise in organic and analytical chemistry and related procedures (e.g. extraction, compound separation, chromatography, distillation, concentration)
• Experience in HPLC and/or GC-MS analysis of food
• Working experience in analytical spectrometry lab
• Experience in quality system ISO 17025
We offer a modern, dynamic and innovative working environment in a high-tech laboratory, a chance to work with a wide spectrum of methods, in a multidisciplinary team, with a friendly international working atmosphere. The successful candidate will be offered the chance to develop in further fields that will be of interest, providing a unique opportunity for enhancing know-how and experience to young scientists. This is a fixed term, full-time position with duration of 24 months, with the possibility of extension. A competitive salary is offered which will be determined upon qualifications and skills. Relocation fees can be potentially covered for successful candidates from abroad.
Commencement: 01.05.2018 (or soon after)
Duration: 24 months (possibility to extent)
Form of employment: Fixed term, full-time
Application period: 01.03.2018 – 31.03.2018
Imprint Analyics GmbH is located ca. 90 km south of Vienna, next to the S31 highway. The location, in the heart of Europe, is characterized by its sunshine and mild conditions, the high quality of life as well as the natural and rural environment, still being less than an hour from the centre of Vienna.
If you are interested in this exciting position, please send a covering letter and CV incl. photo in English or German to Dr. David Psomiadis (email@example.com). Your application will be treated in strictest confidence. We welcome applications from qualified men and women, each application will be assessed on merit irrespective of gender. We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.