Desperately Seeking: MSD Chemstation for 5890sII/5971 Media

Meetings, courses, hardware for sale or wanted, commercial messages.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
I think the computer for my 5890/5971 is on its last legs, and given the history behind it I'm inclined to do a "clean slate" reinstall on a somewhat newer computer and possibly running a bit more up to date version of windows.

I can provide an exact P/N or revision if needed-my key thing now is that I need to interface with a 5890/5971/7673 system. I have license keys-what I don't have is install media. I do have libraries, so that's not an issue.

If someone can supply media-or a complete license to a newer version than what I have now-at a reasonable price please contact me.

Purchase would be made by a public university in the US, so there are certain channels/regulations I have to follow but have done it enough that I can guide any prospective seller through if need be. Our big things are that credit card purchases are easiest, and we do not pay sales tax.
I sent an E-mail with zipped C1034C software to you, see if you can open that and make your own CD disc. I though 5971 was tricky when trying to go "too new" on software, but not sure. We maybe used Windows 95 with ours after we had upgraded from Windows 3.x. We started with 5971 on Windows 286.

I also have G1701AA but don't know which MSDs that's compatible with.
Thanks, but it seems as though I didn't get it(checked the junk box too).

Did you send it to my louisville.edu address? If so, I'm wondering if they saw a big attachment and flagged it.

If it's not too much trouble, can you retry at bhutche0 AT gmail.com ?

Thanks!
I've been working with a very similar system for some time, although I have a 5972. I have a software and electronics background, so after getting frustrated with these old XP machines, I finally debugged a more modern Chemstation and patched the binaries to make them work on Windows 7 with your setup. I'll dig around and see if I can zip you up an install disk.
jkloepping wrote:
I've been working with a very similar system for some time, although I have a 5972. I have a software and electronics background, so after getting frustrated with these old XP machines, I finally debugged a more modern Chemstation and patched the binaries to make them work on Windows 7 with your setup. I'll dig around and see if I can zip you up an install disk.

Thanks, I'd definitely be interested.

I've spent a while over the past few days with an independent tech out of Michigan who I'm going to meet up with in the next few weeks. Assuming it all works out, he's going to sell me the 5972 electronics to convert my 71 to a 72(plus he's giving me a GCD, which should be interesting to play with, and a lot of 71/72 spare parts). He advised a Dell Optiplex GX620(which I have) running Win2K and said that it could be upgraded to XP, but it sounds like I can go further than that. Newer is certainly better.

Assuming I can get approval to buy the 72 electronics(or "EMOD" as he called it) I should have a good system, especially too if I sub out the 72 manifold he's supplying also.
Hi Ben,

In case you haven't solved this:

I have G1701BA B.02 running on win10 32-bit and in WINE.

If you can obtain a license for B.02 second-hand i can provide you with a full install / modify procedure.

I can also provide software downloads but can't provide licenses.

Regards,

Dirk
Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your response. I now have a full set of G1701BA B.02(media and license) and would be very interested in your procedure.
7 posts Page 1 of 1