Should we enable private messaging?

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Would you like to see private messaging enabled?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:05 am

Yes
31%
No
69%
Total votes: 13

By default, the private messaging function on Chrom Forum is disabled. Would you all like to see it enabled, or continue without it?
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374

Please leave private messaging off. I regard this as a public discussion forum, not a place to start private dialogues.

< In favor of adding PMs

Private messaging allows for sending of information that would not be of interest to the board at large. It also allows for more civil and private adminoshment by the moderators when posters run afoul of the policies.

If we decide to leave PM off, can we at least get rid of the PM buttons?
Thanks,
DR

not a huge response so far, but seems to definitely favor *not* having PM (and no, I didn't stuff the ballot box!).

I *will* find a way to remove the buttons (the trick is to do it without fouling up anything else!). I had hoped to get to it this weekend, but other priorities got in the way, and I'm on the road again this week. So . . .

. . . it will get done, but probably in about a 1-2 week time frame.

-- Tom
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374

Okay, the PM button should be gone now.
5 posts Page 1 of 1