Mattson FTIR Laser

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
One of the instruments I tend to is a Mattson "Research Series" FTIR, and the 13 year old HeNe reference laser in it is having issues(I suspect it's the power supply, but don't want to put a lot of effort into diagnosing a Laser that old).

In any case, it would seem to me as though support through Thermo MIGHT be a possibility since Nicolet bought Mattson back in the day before Thermo bought out Nicolet. I'm having issues getting a warm body on the phone at Thermo, though.

Does anyone know if a source for pre-aligned lasers for these exists? I know in the worst case I can probably get one to spec from Melles-Griot and align it myself, but I REALLY would prefer not to do that(and maybe this will make a good case for me fixing my Nicolet Magna 550 instead, since the cost difference isn't that great and-IMO-it's a much better instrument).

Thanks.
For anyone so interested, Madison Instruments is probably the go-to place for anyone in need of Mattson parts. The company is run by folks who worked for Mattson.

They were able to set me up with a new laser with no problem.
2 posts Page 1 of 1