USA pH Buffer set?

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have seen on our pH meter that it has an option for USA buffer set and DIN buffer set.

I tried to look into where these numbers come from but cannot come up with anything for the USA buffer set. Is there a standard that defines the USA buffer set? (1.68,4.01,7.00,10.01,12.46). Every search I perform just lists pH meters that have the option to auto-recognize the buffers in these sets.

Are there places you can buy this entire set together or would you have to find each one individually? (The most I have found is a set with 4.01,7.00, and 10.01).

I was just wondering if there is any history to how these sets came about and if they are still used for 1 reason or another.
We just used the 4.01,7.00,10.01 in our lab. We found it useful to use the individual pouches containing buffers, easier for proof/compliance for FDA.
2 posts Page 1 of 1