GOM has passed away

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I'm his son, Ian. I wanted to let you know as this place and all of you were common topics when we'd catch up and talk.

He loved (among many things) chromatography and science in general.

I would often speak to him about people he was helping or working with on this forum, he had a great time here. From interesting problems with complex solutions, to weird requests and fun arguments I know he had a lot of fun here.

Thank you all for being another group he could come and talk to about things he loved.

Best,
Ian
Ian--

I am very sorry for your (and our) loss. Your father was a wealth of information and helped many. I always appreciated his very practical and logical approach to the problems discussed here. My prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

MV
I'll echo r6banjo. Your dad will be sorely missed. His many contributions here over the years were always a pleasure to learn from. I wish I had gotten a chance to meet him in person. When the dust settles, could you post a link to an obituary so we can learn more about him?
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Please let me add how sorry I am at your loss, and ours. I always enjoyed reading his posts and will miss him greatly.
Text and words on a forum are hard to use to convey things but I want you all to know your comments mean a lot to me and my brother, thank you.

tom jupille wrote:
When the dust settles, could you post a link to an obituary so we can learn more about him?

I'll be taking over his site and updating a few bits to make it work more reasonably with current browsers. I'd like to add a section describing him and then I'll link it here, I'm not really sure how much he shared here about who he was, so I don't know how much people know but I'll try and pull things together.

If you've worked for Unilever there's a decent chance you may have known him as he worked there for 52 years.

On the off-chance that anyone is near the Wirral in the UK, I'll be arranging a get together of people that knew him in the near future. Nothing formal as he never wanted a sombre service, but if anyone wants to come and remember the good times and meet others who knew him all will be welcome.

I'm happy for anyone to contact me directly here if you want to say or request something less publicly too.

All the best
Ian
The site is http://www.itsjustabox.com/
(it's got great stuff as-is ! )
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
R.I.P. Ralph
Ian, I am truly sorry to hear that. I am actually typing this on a computer that your dad bought to support my work on carnivore conservation - something that has meant a lot both practically and personally. I missed a chance to meet Ralph in person when I was in the UK last year and we could not get out schedules to mesh. My deepest condolences.

Peter
Peter Apps
8 posts Page 1 of 1