Bill, can you make your e-mail address public?

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Outlook Express or other automatic e-mail programs are banned here so it is hard to get anyones e-mail address from the Forum.

(Yes, I had a small issue to discuss as well)

Go to one of Bill's postings and click on Image
If he replies, you will see a note about having a private message (PM) when you log in.
Thanks,
DR

Won't work. Private Messaging is not enabled in Chrom Forum.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374

Which Bill are you refering too? Bill Tindall's email is availble if you click on the "Profile" button on his replies and then "Email" (or just hover over the button and the email address will be shown). Any other people may have blocked public viewing of their email as a deliberate means of protecting their identity due to the companies they work for (e.g. major Pharm companies).
Tim
CDS Administrator
---------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

tom jupille wrote:
Won't work. Private Messaging is not enabled in Chrom Forum.

Is there any way to get rid of the buttons (or any reason not to enable it)?
Thanks,
DR

No single reason; mainly the fact that I'm a curmudgeon and find it annoying! :wink:
Having said that, if people feel it would be useful, I can turn it back on. I'll start a separate thread with a poll to try to get a feel for that.

As far as removing the inactivated buttons, it annoys me that they aren't automatically hidden when the feature is deleted. Removing them means going in and editing the php scripts; since I'm not a programmer, that means a lot of trial-and-error, and a high risk of breaking something inadvertently. I've got a "test-bed" installation on my computer at home; I'll give it a try when I get back this weekend.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
6 posts Page 1 of 1