GC Training

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking into doing some online training for myself and a friend for GC and GC/MS subject matters. We are both self taught and were looking into something more formal or textbook base.

Has anyone ever used Chromacademy or used the Separation Sciences training? If so, would you recommend it.

Also, any recommended textbooks that we should take a look at? We've read online troubleshooting guides and know are way around a GC. However, looking to strength our fundamental knowledge.
I can say good things about the Separation Science courses. The instructor, Matt Klee, has a huge amount of experience and knowledge. Plus, it's nice to support the sponsors of the Forum!

By way of "full disclosure", I've done some of the LC courses for them.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Hi rw228,

I've friends that have taken the Separation Science courses, Matthew Klee is indeed a very fine instructor (He taught a GC course for the Chromatography Forum of Delaware Valley years ago), I doubly agree with Tom Jupille.

I highly recommend CHROMcademy, I've taken the classes myself. Excellent content.

There are many good texts...books written by Konrad Grob on injection techniques (split/splitless and cold-on column), Robert Grob on column technology and general GC, Walter Jennings, and Dean Rood's books on troubleshooting and maintenance, among others.

You're likely beyond reading Basic Gs Chromatography by McNair, et. al., but I feel it's a good book to have in the lab.
MattM
OOPS--for GC/MS, Sparkman, Penton, and Kitson.
MattM
4 posts Page 1 of 1