Historical chromatography digital archive

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
My recent post about an old paper copy of a Walt Jennings lecture and some comments by Peter and la_donz27 prompted me to think about preserving older chromatography paper documents/lbooklets/ leaflets/catalogues e.t.c. in a digital format.

Does one already exist?. If not, could we set one up? Where? - on this site?

I had some interesting ones from the 1950s and 60s but gave them away. I can recover them for interest in an historical digital archive.

When there are dead flies on my window ledge these will be lost :lol:
Regards

Ralph
That is a good idea. Sort of like a Gutenberg.org for chromatography.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
could be time for a hall of fame for chromatographers...

Many years ago I had the honour of attending a lecture given by Walter Jennings, he spoke for an hour with no notes while he wandered about a large auditorium rather than just standing at the front. I got the impression that he was thinking about something else all the time but was still able to deliver a very informative lecture.

GCguy
GCguy
gcguy wrote:
could be time for a hall of fame for chromatographers...

Many years ago I had the honour of attending a lecture given by Walter Jennings, he spoke for an hour with no notes while he wandered about a large auditorium rather than just standing at the front. I got the impression that he was thinking about something else all the time but was still able to deliver a very informative lecture.

GCguy

This is the style of presentation you get from someone who really knows what he is talking about.

Peter
Peter Apps
It would be very valuable indeed - but it is a job that will very rapidly expand as more and more material is dug out of company and private archives. It is something that one of the major scientific organisations should consider taking on.

Peter
Peter Apps
5 posts Page 1 of 1