"Commercial" posts

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

21 posts Page 2 of 2

Dear Newman,

If you don't want to read my posts just skip it. I already proposed to make "Ignore the User" button and I don't mind if people who for some reason don't like my posts put me on ignore list. I have the right, like other people, to present our products and our solutions. I am not insulting anybody or "bad mouthing" other products. I know for a fact that after I posted here people purchase our columns right away and are very happy with it. They not only purchased columns but also are validating the methods for the production and that is after trying other products and comparing. So if you don't think that our product brings any value for you than just relax and skip my post. Just look outside the window - the sun is shinning, the grass is still green and clouds are beautiful, and there is no reason to be annoyed.

If you want I can send you one column free of charge and you can try it yourself - just let me know what you are analyzing. (May be it is basic drugs or some organic hydrophilic acids)

Have good weekends!!!

VO

P.S. By The way even the judge Tom said that I am not guilty!!!
After being out from the Chromforum for a while (I was confused with its new layout) I found today that my name was mentioned in negative content here. I just want to acknowledge that I am not SIELC-Tech and always use my real name (even it long and hard even for me) when I do the posting. Yes we are working in the same organization does not mean we have the same ideas about things.
I totally agree with HW Mueller in regard of general conclusions like "use of ion-pairing reagents should become a history". Even there is a better technology the old one will be around for a long time.
I think I am in agreement with almost all participants that there is no problem to post biased solution as long as it supported by actual experiment or at least by some theory. Chromatography is not exact science and even best theories fail short in predicting results. To avoid the misleading we in SIELC in most cases trying to model HPLC situation before giving an advise. We also have a free method development program (“give us a sample we will do the methodâ€

SIELC_Tech wrote:
I know for a fact that after I posted here people purchase our columns right away and are very happy with it. They not only purchased columns but also are validating the methods for the production and that is after trying other products and comparing.

SIELC_Tech, I think that you passed a little bit the limits with the above quote...

It is an exageration to say that people purchase your columns right away once they see your posts and you go even further saying that they compare your products with other products, and conclude that your columns are the best for their application and by the way they validate the method for their production...

It is good to be "aggressive" as a sales/tech support person but up to a point... I believe that you took a little bit advantage of the present subject to further promote your products.

It would be enough to say that you are enthousiastic about your products, and you are confident that they will work for the applications you suggest them and that is why you do it... Again, personally, I am not bothered by your posts but please do not overdo it...

Sorry Kostas did not mean to annoy too many people. By "right away" I meant after we developed the particular applications. Nobody buying columns based on the posting. But we ideed did free method development for few customers from this board.
In a future I will only try to respond to particular applications with particular (or similar) examples.

At least this was the most active message topic forawile. I just noticed that there are much less messages than it use to be when we had an "old design" board.

I am not :twisted: I am just :!:

About the number of messages... I find them to be about equal if not even higher. I used to use the "last day" or "last week" function in the "old design" forum and had about 15-30 replies per day. The new forum has about the same if not more replies per day (i.e. at this time they were 45 replies the last day).

Maybe Tom has more statistics on this...

Dear SIELC_Tech,

first let me apologize for my last posting. Your response made it clear that finish line is in the other direction.
Tom's posting after mine reflect my position about your "commercial posting" much better.
What was the original goal of my posting?
Let me risk to get my foot in it again and compare Uwes and your postings:
When Uwe is recommending a waters column the recommending is the conlusion of his explanation of the problem someone is facing. In my personal view he is giving first of all an advice.
If I remember correct, you give links related to the problem of someone and not every time your links are directly related to the compound in question (such a big database of applications would be a dream to any lab). Your posting can be interpreted as pure commercial - or as help - or as both. If you explain the mechanism behind the PrimeSep columns with a couple of sentences the (following) link is furthermore a help. At least I judge postings this way.
I see no need for an "ignore this user" botton.
21 posts Page 2 of 2