A Big Thankyou to Administrator

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
My purpose is twofold. First thanks for making the Forum easier to use. Second, I wanted to see what posting was like.

A question: what is all the stuff at the top? B, i, u Quote, List ,etc and do I need to worry about BCcode and the other incomprehensible stuff at the bottom?
Bill Tindall

Well, I donnow...

At least on my home computer, the response is now VERY slow. It takes minute or so, before I get a message. I suppose one may consider this to be a very relaxing feature...

I also experienced very slow response in the beginning (similar of what Uwe indicated) , now it seems a little bit faster. I wonder if this due to transfer of data from the old chromatography forum to this one from the administrator...

Bill, thanks for the pat on the back (usually, it's kicks somewhat lower down!).!

The various formatting buttons are a standard part of the phbb software engine we're using. They make formatting with bold, italic, colors etc. easier (that's what the "BBCode" reference below the text entry field is all about). I'm something of a curmudgeon regarding such things, but it was easier to leave them than to figure out how to excise them. Ditto for the collection of smileys.

Re the speed issue, it was *very* slow this afternoon (early afternoon pacific time) when I was transferring the last of the GC files. Hopefully, this was a transient problem caused by a combination of lots of posts (from me) coupled with lots of people registering for the first time. Actually, looking at the statistics down at the bottom of the main page, it looks like there were 7 people on-line around then. If the problem persists, I'll have to find a different ISP with more bandwidth.

And finally, I'd like to add a word of thanks to all three of you (and to others) for helping make the Forum go through your active participation and excellent advice. I've been doing chromatography for over 30 years, and reading your posts makes me realize how much I have yet to learn!
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374

Hi from Europe,

Congratulations for the change made to all who had worked on it.
The velocity here is fine and the subjects seems to be more easy to follow.

See you

Basil

second hello from good old europe:

right now I am punishing my Langenscheidt for failing to translate the words to pay you the acknowledgement you earn...
So just lets say: thanks for doing this work.

Congratulations and thank you from Uruguay. The new format is OK for me and working fine.

Best regards

Daniel Lorenzo

hi to all.

i am based in China, working in the field of HPLC. i am a newcomer to this forum, and now i am looking through the previous topics.

i think i quite like this forum, and its speed is good here.

best regards,
kiknos
8 posts Page 1 of 1