Volumetric KF Method Development

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all.

I'm new to this career and was assigned to a method development project for the experience. They have me developing a method and validation protocol for volumetric KF. I was able to find sample protocol procedures for Precision, Intermediate Precision, and Robustness, but I haven't been able to find any literature or example procedures for Specificity. A co-worker told me that you add sample to the vessel, condition to dryness, and then spike it with water standard. This sounds like the accuracy testing we do for KF though. Are Specificity and Accuracy the same thing for KF? Was my co-worker incorrect about how to test Specificity? I'm looking for a more detailed procedure to help me write my protocol since I have such limited knowledge and experience with KF.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!
Hello. What is your matrix? Could you dry it and titrate to get zero? It would be a specificity test imho.
Best regards,
Dmitriy A. Perlow
I was told a little while ago by someone else that KF Specificity would be more like doing a determination of a blank (methanol in my case) and then doing a determination of a standard, and then comparing them some how? I don't know; the more answers I get, the more confusing it becomes. Does that sound right?
Please share your matrix. Described test is OK if you are 100% sure that water content in methanol is constant and homogeneous.
Best regards,
Dmitriy A. Perlow
Please check Metrohm website for details. here you find a monograph for download: https://www.metrohm.com/en/products/kar ... titration/
Dr. Markus Laeubli
Manager Marketing Support IC
(retired)
Metrohm AG
9101 Herisau
Switzerland
5 posts Page 1 of 1