new guy teasing

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Who has the worst (best) story about teasing the new guy? I once asked a new recruit to change the liner on one of our Agilent on column injectors. He did spend a while looking for it before it clicked.

GCguy :wink:
GCguy

A new girl asked the wrong former coworker what she should use to complete her task - titrating an amine sample. He had her walking the hall asking people if they had any 0.1N "Anice".

The same coworker would also make great sport of placing a quarter on his upward turned forehead with his eyes closed, then tip his head forward so he could catch the quarter in a very large funnel he had tucked into his pants. When he's get the new guy into position to try the same thing, he'd quickly empty a 4L beaker of water into the funnel. I know of 1 poster here who can corroborate this story.
Thanks,
DR

I have heard of the "funnel trick", also. Someone at a former job used a cup of coffee instead of water. Hope it wasn't too hot!

Same guy once replaced a portion of shampoo w/ extra fine mineral oil. It was a big hit with the people who liked to run over lunch. I think 3 of the 4 that used it went home for the afternoon.
Thanks,
DR

Send people to the workshop for left handed screw drivers, tartan paint, a long weight (where they get told to 'weight' there !).

One boss used to tell of putting phenolpthalein in coffee to turn your wee funny colours, not sure what HSEA would maek of that !

Paul.

--
Paul Hurley

I think if someone doped your coffee with phenolpthalein strange colour wee would be the last of your worries....it is a highly potent laxative.

GCguy
GCguy

One Final Year student needed to store his sample in a 50%RH environment, so he asked for some. We gave him a suitably labelled bottle and he went away happy. He never even asked what 'RH' stood for.

:x

Flop
7 posts Page 1 of 1