Chromatography is ...

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

16 posts Page 1 of 2
... spending six hours discussing a five minute run.

How long would the discussion have been if you had done it properly? :twisted: [/jk]
Thanks,
DR

..........."colour writing" so why do we do most of our detection in a part of the spectrum the eye cannot see? Or is Ultra violet a really purple patch?

.... like an adiction!!, better than you lern in class!! joy and pain. :shock:

brilliant!!!! :P
GCguy

I believe that the true working bees in our lab have no problem seeing the colors of UV light.

... a tool of the devil. (credit my first boss)
Thanks,
DR

When I was younger, my hobby was painting.

I guess, nothing has changed...
Like watching grass grow, paint dry, and water boil......while you're waiting for that peak!

... the technique of just pushing the buttom in the morning and then browsing in the internet for the rest of the day waiting for the results to come out! (definition of people that do not work with chromatography...).

... much pain and suffering is demanded by Saint Elutia. When you have brought enough suffering and work to her alter, you are rewarded with well resolved peaks.

Chromatography is ...
... peeking at peaks...

...figuring out if you have to reprep or rerun 75 samples because of a glitch in the (pick one) power, network, check valve, acquisition method...

I remember losing data because of somone else on "my loop" insisting on having his results print as he collected them. If his printer jammed, all subsequent injections on the loop were lost (and people wonder where the term 'stinkjet' came from).
Thanks,
DR

I should have emphasized that the "k"s in my last post are very important.

One could say that Uwe's K's are of "primary" importance, as without them he would be leaking on his legumes.
16 posts Page 1 of 2