Merck buying Sigma-Aldrich

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
http://www.wsj.com/articles/eu-approves ... 1434391477

Which recalls to mind the spin offs and buy outs after Agilent acquired Varian. And look how that turned out.

Does anybody have any insights that they can share ?

Peter
Peter Apps
Hi Peter

I wasn't aware of this

The only (probably non-relevant) comments that I can make are

Here in the UK I could order anything from the Sigma Aldrich catalogue before 4pm and it would arrive the next day almost every time.

When HP spun off Agilent we laughed at the new name (which was supposed to encompass the word agile!) because of the anagram - starts with Gen

Regards

Ralph
Regards

Ralph
GOM wrote:
Hi Peter

Here in the UK I could order anything from the Sigma Aldrich catalogue before 4pm and it would arrive the next day almost every time.

Ralph

Different worlds; here in Botswana I can order anything from the Sigma Aldrich catalogue before the fourth of the month and it hardly ever gets here before the end of the next month.

Peter
Peter Apps
:cry:

Prior to the Internet anything ordered would be a hand written recquisition note submitted to the purchasing department (which was headed by Elton John's father - Stan Dwight - no joke) -then allow weeks/months for delivery

I was lucky enough to have a direct ordering line with Sigma Aldrich in my later years

Will the acquisition of Merck end up up with the best or worst of both worlds?
Regards

Ralph
4 posts Page 1 of 1