FT-IR KBr

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Hi All

And this continues on and on and on and on .........

Best regards to all

Fernando
@ Fernando So true - and unfortunately it will always be so :D

@Johntee061

hahaha Thank you :D I will reprimand the "little guy", although he is now aged 31 - and taller than me :(

- Also with regard to numbering procedures and rulers that is another story that would not be believed.

Ralph
Regards

Ralph
Fernando, I think you touched a nerve! :D

How about this one - our QC department wanted the Instrumentation guys to override a safety interlock on a large centrifuge so they could hold a tachometer over a spinning centrifuge rotor in order to verify the RPM readings from a mechanical Hall sensor. The sensor either gives you a correct reading or no reading. But try to explain that concept to QC... :roll:

Hair-brained, indeed!

p.s. Instrumentation refused citing safety concerns.
I'll top that one.

We had a safety audit from corporate, and they dinged us for stuff not even in their own rules. They want secondary containment for every item in the lab to MAKE SURE that no spillage would get to sinks or floors.

So I asked if all employees would also be required to wear Depends as secondary containment, and the inspectors had no sense of humor !!!

We have ordered $2K worth of trays so far....
KM-USA wrote:
I'll top that one.

We had a safety audit from corporate, and they dinged us for stuff not even in their own rules. They want secondary containment for every item in the lab to MAKE SURE that no spillage would get to sinks or floors.

So I asked if all employees would also be required to wear Depends as secondary containment, and the inspectors had no sense of humor !!!

We have ordered $2K worth of trays so far....

:lol: I almost need the Depends after reading that one :)
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
I apologise to Fernando for having hijacked his post to vent my spleen.

Perhaps this topic should have a new post - GLP/quality/safety have very sound origins and there have been some very pertinent comments made

I would be happy to start it :D

Regards

Ralph
Regards

Ralph
Dear GOM

I agree with you, feel free to start it.

Best regards

Fernando
22 posts Page 2 of 2