If you're sick...

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
STAY HOME!

Does every organization have at least one person who will come to work sick as a dog, no matter what? They can be bleeding from the eyes, coughing up bits of lung tissue, bumping into walls they are so out of it, but when you tell them, "you really should be home in bed", they always say, "I don't want to use my sick leave/vacation hours, it's just a cold, no big deal"... yeah, it is a big deal. By insisting to come into the office, you are exposing the rest of us to your nasty virus, while at the same time, the quality of your work is bound to be less than optimal...so while you are slogging your way through the day, we are also getting sick, burning our time off hours that we were trying to save for that long-overdue vacation - thanks, very thoughtful of you. :x :x :x
Full Ack
This is not only true for colds and infectious illnesses, but also to headache (migraine), which is not obvious to the colleagues. We had that case that I tried to send one of our technicians home because I noticed her suffering from headache and pain in her arms, but she did not listen to me. Now she is ill, I'm afraid this will be a long-term issue.
Conclusion: STAY HOME as long as it is easy to cure.
I agree everyone should stay home when sick, because I don't want it too!

What I really hate is when I am home sick, feeling as I am on my death bed and I keep getting calls from work wanting to know if I can come in because some client is really needing results for a sample that only I can run. :(
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Agree with you all. I hate it when someone comes in sick as hell or feeling ill (terrible headaches etc.) not only because i can get it also, or others, but because accidents are prone to happen in this state (from getting dizzy, to fainting and hurting themselves, or even worse dropping harmful or toxic reagents etc.). Of course usually the case is like stated by you guys...the person doesn't want to take sick leave...and things can only take a turn for the worse.

Of course the worst is when you're sick at home, barely knowing what's going on around you and the phone keeps ringing. So i feel you there James. It's awful to not someone who can completely substitute you, and you get phone calls no matter if you're sick, dying, giving birth etc. :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1