Edwards E2M-12 High Vacuum Pump

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have experience with rebuilding these vacuum pumps?

This vacuum pump is part of a VIRTIS 12SL Freezemobile (Freeze Dryer), the pump just recently quit working. From what I have researched, I can either buy a kit and try yo rebuild myself, have the pump shipped out for a rebuild, or buy another refurbished model.

Any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Jackson
OUt
Rebuilding an Edwards pump isn't too terribly difficult.
It's messy, be prepared for that. You will need gloves and some containers for parts as you disassemble the unit to keep things organized.
You will need a slide hammer style seal puller to remove the seals in the 1st and 2nd stator housings, everything else is either a 3mm and a 5mm allen wrench.
Buy the complete kit with vanes/blades and springs along with the seals and gaskets.
Capital Vacuum has a fairly good price for these:
http://www.capvac.com/Pumps-Edwards-E2M12/

Good luck!

TomC
2 posts Page 1 of 1