Recirculating chiller Agilent G8481-80000

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone

Does anybody who is the manufacturer of these chillers? Ours is defective, Agilent refuses repair and wants to exchange the whole instrument. I know the defect (the rotating blade is loose and makes terrible noise, it still works but will die soon) and don't see why we should throw away a complete instrument because of such a ridiculous defect. I'd like to get a replacement part from the manufacturer and repair it myself.

Thanks a lot,
Jörg
Uncle Google says PolyScience.
Hi, Joerg.
Did you try posting this question on the Plasmachem listserv? Just out of curiosity, how old is your chiller?
All standard disclaimers apply. My posts are my opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the policies of my employer.
The chiller is less than two years old. Uncle google was correct, Polyscience is the manufacturer. I contacted them, but they say every service should be done by Agilent. I already started hating Agilent before this story, but int gets worse and worse...
Greetings,
Jörg
Agilent doesn't repair turbopumps, foreline pumps, air compressors, gas generators ... - O.K. these items are not manufactured by Agilent (situation slightly changed after aquisition of Varian Vacuum), but manufacturers like PolyScience should service their products ! - they are not disposable products.

I would ask PolyScience whether I have to look for service of PolyScience instruments on Chromforum because they refuse to repair their products. This should work :)
Good suggestion. Does aonybody know of a workshop in Germany that does service Polyscience products?

Thanks,
Jörg
6 posts Page 1 of 1