Cell Size on UV

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
What if, there is no available 0.5cm cell size for UV analysis. Can we just adjust the standard and sample concentration indicated on the USP monograph so that we can use the available 1cm cell? If we can, then are we still going to conduct linearity or perform validation instead of verification base from the adjustment we made?
Is this HPLC-UV or photometry using UV?
If photometry, I cannot imagine there are no 0.5 cm cells available (at least here in Germany we have http://www.hellma-analytics.com/startse ... /home.html they can provide every imagineable format).
And HPLC-UV: I don't even know the lightpath of my UV cells, do I have to worry about that?
Jörg
Hello

Is it UV detector cell or UV spectrophotometer cuvette?

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
kubowicz.tomasz wrote:
Hello

Is it UV detector cell or UV spectrophotometer cuvette?

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz

UV Spectrophotometer Cuvette
You would want to dilute everything by an extra factor of 2 so that you should be in the linear range of the method you are using, then calculate normally and report the deviation from the method in the assay documentation. In some labs, you need permission to do this sort of thing in advance.

PS - make sure your 1CM cuvettes are made of the same thing your missing, method specified, 5mm cuvettes are made of...
Thanks,
DR
I think it would be simpler to just buy 0.5 cm cuvette; if not: do what DR posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1