Stability Software

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I was hoping people could provide recommendations for stability software based on their experiences. My current company doesn't use formal stability software. They use MS Project for the calendar and MS Excel for tabulating/summarizing data. It's been about a decade since I last was involved with a stability department, so I would appreciate some guidance from those who have been in closer contact.

Thank you.

David
A Lab Information Management Software (LIMS) is a good tool to store data, generate data tables and summarize stability data trends.
You could also check with your chromatography data system vendor. Chances are good that they have a LIMS product that integrates nicely with the CDS.
Thanks,
DR
Thanks for the fast responses. As mentioned, the last time I was involved with a stability program was about a decade ago and the company was using SLIM. A colleague at another company used something from Novatek, but she didn't seem overly pleased with it. We use Empower 3 as our CDS. I'm not aware of Waters having a LIMS system, but I could very well be wrong. Is there a leader in the LIMS industry where I can begin my search?
Waters does indeed integrate a LIMS system with their CDS. It's Mantra's old (but way ahead of its time) NuGenesis product. They bought it years ago and have been using that platform since.
Thanks,
DR
Thanks DR, I appreciate the info.
I worked briefly with Nugenesis and if I recall correctly it was mostly a data storage software.

There are LIMS programs as Blazer mentioned that are used to electronically "manage" the stability inventory. I've only used Innaphase LIMS software, it's a basic (and older) software.
Waters sells an option called Method Validation Manager. As far as I remember in this package a stability feature is included.
Thanks also to LC_labrat and ilee for your help. I'm still looking around and trying to get more information from other sources. Since my primary experience is as an HPLC development guy, I came here first.
9 posts Page 1 of 1