Thinking of a used Perkin Elmer Series 200 Autosampler

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I am considering the purchase of a used autosampler for LCMS.

There seem to be plenty of used P.E. series 200 autosamplers on the market. Are there any issues with these devices such as being prone to fail in certain ways that I may want to know about? Parts availability?

Thanks

Alp
IMHO I feel the S200 Autosampler is great, reliable autosampler. The main parts that are still readily available and that I would recommend replacing at least once a year are the needle, rheodyne valve rotor seal and maybe the stator face.
Thanks for the much needed input cbwhipp.
I had only one real issue with one of my PE series 200 autosamplers. For some strange reason the temperature would skyrocket, boil our samples completely dry and end up warping the autosampler tray. It finally stopped without anyone really understanding why it was doing this. If we unplugged the temperature controls and just used it at ambient it worked great though!
we are using 3 of them in QC/production since 2003, very minor repairs. It is cumbersome but works well.
Vlad Orlovsky
HELIX Chromatography
My opinions might be bias, but I have about 1000 examples to support them. Check our website for new science and applications
www.helixchrom.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1