Minimum level of application?

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a question to the USA area colleagues. Do you know what Minimum level of application stands for?
Can't find anything anywhere (including FSIS website...). Our lab expects visiters from FSIS and have to answer few questions in advance.
Any clarification would be apreciated.
I've never heard of it. In what context is that phrase used? Is it used in conjunction with detection limit or quantitation limit?
Well, not sure. Probably more like detection.
Without a little more information, I don't know how to help you.

The detection limit is the minimum amount of analyte that you can reliably say is the analyte. It's generally defined as that amount of analyte that gives a detector signal that is 3 times larger than the noise in the baseline.

You can't quantitate at the detection limit. A common practice is that the signal due to your analyte should be about 10 times larger than the noise to get reliable quantitation.
Would it make sense in your area of business for it to be the lowest concentration or amount of a product that could be used for a specific purpose - say the minimum concentration of a sanitizer that could be used for a cleaning application ?

Peter
Peter Apps
Hmmm...
Well, we are talking pesticides and we are talking method definitions. I do understand this is something about detection/quantification/reporting limits. But I never came up to sutch definition and have to gues what exactly it means. Sutch definition is definitely not in use in Europe. Expected this means something to colleagues in the USA.
Sorry. It appears that we never heard of it either.
Ryklys wrote:
Hmmm...
Well, we are talking pesticides and we are talking method definitions. I do understand this is something about detection/quantification/reporting limits. But I never came up to sutch definition and have to gues what exactly it means. Sutch definition is definitely not in use in Europe. Expected this means something to colleagues in the USA.

Extrapolating form my previous guess - your LOD or LOQ has to be low enough to detect or quantify the pesticide on products to which it has been applied at the lowest rate of application that will kill the pests. Make sense ?

Why not just ask the people who are asking ?

Peter
Peter Apps
Peter Apps, yes it makes sense.

Funny enough, I can't ask those, who are asking us... My management should. But instead they decided to give me a task to find it out some other way.

Thanks for all input.
A Google search on pesticides "mininum level of application" turned up 8500 hits. Most of them seem to be related to carpet fibers. For example, see page 8 of this document: http://www.natspec.com.au/Documents/Spe ... arpets.pdf
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
There are pesticides with minimum levels of application - methoprene must be put on tobacco at a level that ensures a high enough kill rate that there is not generation of methoprene resistant tobacco beetles. (This was years ago that I came across this – and methoprene may not even be used on tobacco by now.)

The point: look at the matricies and analytes you are working with and see if you can find any reference to minimum application levels in that particular context.
11 posts Page 1 of 1