citation manager software

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Does anyone use a citation manager programme ?

I have started with Mendeley, and although it is impressively efficient at some things it is quite poor at others:

- when importing titles it ignores italics, which is a problem for biological species names. While it is possible to edit the titles, getting italics requires the "<i>" "</i>" commands, and it is not possible to get any special characters except by typing them into word and then copy and pasting. Edits to titles do not always save.

- Journal abbreviations require a workaround that involves loading a text file of names and abbreviations. As far as I can see it is stuck with one abbreviation style.

- the bibliography in a manuscript ignores the formatting of the rest of the manuscript, and every time it is updated all the formatting (i.e. line spacing) changes back to the Mendeley version.

- the basic version is free, but with just over 200 references loaded I have used up more than a third of my space.

- changes have a nasty habit of sometimes not saving

What are other people using ? - what are the good and bad points ?

Thanks

Peter

-
Peter Apps
Reference Manager--one of the programs supplied by my employer. Not entirely happy with it, but it mostly does what I want, and what it doesn't do is as likely to be a fault of my ignorance as inherent to the program.
All standard disclaimers apply. My posts are my opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the policies of my employer.
EndNote - I can't delete once imported reference (so far I could not find how to do that), otherwise it works perfectly for me.
HPLC 2017 in Prague, http://hplc2017-prague.org/
3 posts Page 1 of 1