Skills assesments for australia

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
hey i sent my application to vetassess for assessment for a chemist (vetasses assess qualifactions for australia visas). they came back and said they could only give me a positive skills assessment for industrial pharmacist!its ridiculous. Chemistry is a very broad discipline but its main principles are standard. so this is why i cant understand!. iworked before for chemical and pharmaceuticals and now im working the largest testing company in world in australia as a chemist! They are sponsoring me but i going to apply for state sponsorship that'ss why i need the positive skills assessmentt. I argued with the vetasses agent and she finally admitted that my experience was good but explained my degree had not enough chemistry subjects! when they reviewed my sylabuss of my degree they only looked at the titles of the subjects. so this counted against me as well. anyways i am reapplying for reassessment and the agent asked to explain my degree and experience more!!they should of reviewed what i sent them...i spent over thousand dollars on it. any body got any advice?
Let's hope that they do not assess your spelling and grammar !

You have to understand that the function of assessment bodies such as this is to stop under-qualified people, those with qualifications from dubious institutions that offer "courses" over the internet, and fraudsters, from getting jobs, awards, scholarships and work visas. The onus is on you to demonstrate that you have the necessary qualifications and experience, not on them to go digging around in the details of the courses that you took to find out what you actually covered. Keep in mind that they receive hundreds (or thousands) of applications, and so they have no choice but to run the information that is provided at face value, and check its validity. It is up to you to make a convincing case, not up to them to come running after you.

Congratulations on the sponsorship.

Peter
Peter Apps
2 posts Page 1 of 1