New uses for old equipment

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
In light of the post by JUDCC on his interesting idea to use his dead 600E HPLC pump as a bookend or whatever, how about sharing what others have done with old scientific equipment. There must be other stories about new and unique uses for old equipment.
I use a surplussed ultracentrifuge rotor as a boat anchor for my fishing boat :fish:. Works great and is a great conservation piece.
I use an old vacuum pump (given to me when a sister company moved out of our building) as a vacuum pump to evacuate automotive air conditioning systems before refrigerant addition.

I was also given a press that had been used in the old days to make KBr pellets and was no longer used, also comes in handy about once a year for automotive repairs.

I've got some semi-antique pilot plant processing scales in my backyard as decorations.

I also have about four intricate custom-made blown-glass extraction manifolds from the 1960s hanging on my back patio, as decorations.
Oh golly, can you post a picture of your backyard?

Sounds unique.

Rod
I'm actually considering using a perfectly operational 600e to make mixed drinks...or perhaps for other artisitic purposes.
http://the-ghetto-chromatographer.blogspot.com/
4 posts Page 1 of 1