Connecting a laserjet printer to a metrohm titrator

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
So this may not be the best place to ask about a titrator, since this is the chromatography forum. But I thought I would give it a try. Some of you may have some titrators in your labs. We have several metrohm titrators (716 DMS titrino, 795 KFT titrino, and 737 KF coulometer) connected to dot matrix printers (Epson LX-300+) which are slowly dying from age. We have a few laser jet and inkjet printers around that we could replace them with if I could figure out how to get the titrators to talk to them through an RS232 port. Anyone ever tried this?
Unless they're really old inkjets or lasers (and I'm talking 20th century here! ) you probably won't be able to do it. Current printers don't have on-board capability to accept plain ASCII input; they rely on software drivers in the operating system. We went through this about five years ago when the last of our laserjet 4 printers died; we had to retire some old database software (still running under MS-DOS) as well (and no, it was not lab-related! ).

The best solution might be to prowl Ebay for a serial printer.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Hi

You can use POS Printers (Impact or Receipt Printers) with Serial Interface which is available in abundance in Market.

Couple of models compatible are :

1. SAMSUNG BIXOLON Printer Model SRP-275C (Serial Port)

2. EPSON TM-U220 Receipt Printer (Serial Port)

There is Auto Switch AS251S (21450100) available from Metrohm to connect 2 Titrinos to one Printer.

Best regards
Anand
3 posts Page 1 of 1