LC GC magazine: Current Issue: Feb 1, 2005 Issue

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

This is to bring to your kind notice that in the article EXTRA-COLUMN EFFECTS, (above-cited issue), equation (1) is missing. I wish the equation is put in place so that the readers are benefited.

Trust this will be looked into.
valk

I'm not sure that anyone from LC/GC checks the Forum on any kind of regular basis. LC/GC is a "sponsor", but there is no official connection or active involvement. If you want to contact them, you should do it directly.

That said, I just looked at my copy. The equation is there and correct, it's just typeset funny (the equation iteself is two lines long, and the equation number is one line below that.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Hi,

Thanks for your reply Mr.Tom Jupilee. May be the equation is in place in your hard copy. But I don't find it online. I checked again. I would appreciate if you could takea look at the article online. In fact first I had send a mail to Mr.Dolan. As there was no reply I posted this query in the chromforum. I will be very gald if you could tell where I could find this equation

Thanks for your time
valk

About the only thing you can do is to try to contact LC/GC directly.

The equation itself simply says that the observed peak volume is simply the root-mean-square sum of the independent contributions to peak width:

Vobs^2 = Vcol^2 + Vinj^2 + Vfit^2 + . . . etc.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Hi,

Thanks Mr.Jupille for your reply and for your time.
valk
5 posts Page 1 of 1