One more note about sample prep.

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I think, methods of sample prep. have to be discussed in LC division, which can be renamed as LC and sample prep. It is because the main technique today is SPE (or SPME), which is, in fact, a kind of LC.
It seems, the real problem is that many posts of "students' projects" kind are placed in LC forum. For example, I dont want to answer simple questions - so what am I to do? To look through it quickly... But for me it is interesting to talk on more complecated topics...

Especially for Tom, as concerned sites with forums dedicated to sample prep. and other techniques. Now my collegues and I are planning to found LC/SPE/GC forum and e-magazine (I guess I will be an editor) on the basis of www. anchem. ru site. Pityly it is now completely in Russian, but I'm planning to double new forumm version (and party e-magazine) in English. Maybe, we could find some ways of partnership?

Best regards,
Constantin S. Sychov

As soon as you're up and running, post a note in the announcements section.

The question of how many sections to have here is a difficult one. Too few, and it becomes a chore to wade through posts of little or no interest. Too many, and it's hard to build up a "critical mass". One possibility would be to end the "Data Systems" board (moving the posts into either LC or GC, depending on content) and replace it with a "Sample Prep" board to take some of the pressure off LC.

The "Student Projects" board got started because about a year ago we had a flurry of really basic questions from university and even secondary school students. There's not a lot of new activity there but the answers remain and that (hopefully) deflects those from the other boards.

The new format has been up for six months now, so I'm open to suggestions on how to realign/improve things.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
2 posts Page 1 of 1