The "Log me on automatically each visit" does not

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hey Tom,

After your last website upgrade (a week ago) the "Log me on automatically each visit" does not seem to work. Furthermore, each time I hit the "home" link I got "kick out" from a register user to a guest...

Is there something you can do about it?

Thanks,

Kostas

Thanks for the heads-up, but I can't duplicate the problem at my end (even logging in via a "secret identity" without admin privileges).

I'll e-mail you privately to see if we can sort out the problem.

Meantime: anyone else having the same problem?
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374

Tom,

the "Log me on automatically each visit" does not seem to work for me either.

Regards Bert

same problem here

Jan

It seems that I had this problem in the beginning, I used to log out, next time I had to log in again, everytime. When this log-out was ceased the automatic log-in worked (ever since). Are we talking about the same thing?

Hans, you are a genius!

The trick on the "log me in automatically" is to not log out once you have checked the box.
-- Tom Jupille
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374

I never log out, just close the browser. I also saw that the problem is computer specific. I tried to log on from different computers and some computers presents the problem and some don't. The curious thing is that I didn't have this problem before...

OK...

It seems that the problem is going away if you go to the:

Tools :arrow: Internet options :arrow: and you delete the temporary internet files and you clear the history folder.

Kostas Petritis wrote:
I never log out, just close the browser. I also saw that the problem is computer specific. I tried to log on from different computers and some computers presents the problem and some don't. The curious thing is that I didn't have this problem before...

The puzzling thing is that the only change was to the "Nameserver" settings for the domains "www.chromformum.com" and "www.chromatographyforum.com". All the files and internal links were left as-is.

In any case, I'm glad to hear that flushing the browser cache seems to fix the problem.
-- Tom Jupille
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
9 posts Page 1 of 1