lcmsms beginner

Basic questions from students; resources for projects and reports.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
hello scientists , I :oops: m really sorry for the stupid question but Im a beginner in the lcmsms feild and I dont know how to use it or how to prepare the sample for analysis , my feild is to measure the dug concentration in the plasma so please any one can help me with a reference to read or anything
LC with mass detector is not a ruler nor caliper to use it without training. Find a collegue in your institution who is a chromatographer and cooperate with him for a couple of days trying to gain as much as possible.
I tried to ask a colleague but the problem is I am studying in japan now and they cant communicate in English with me :|
aya wrote:
I tried to ask a colleague but the problem is I am studying in japan now and they cant communicate in English with me :|

Before you start learning Japaneese find instruction manual of the instrument and read it. Then find a method for your drug determination somewhere. Observe what others do with instrument and accompanying software. Finally ask for assistance. Good luck :-)
John Dolan is presenting a "Live on the Web" course called "LC-MS Demystified" the first week in April. Here's a link to the web page:
http://www.lcresources.com/training/LC-MS.html
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
In addition to the above, if you have an academic e-mail address you may also be able to get access to CHROMacademy for free (otherwise you pay), an online training system that will deal with all the theory and basics for both LC and MS. It complements manufacturers' training and instructions, which will be very specific to your instrument and software.
Also make sure you're on the mailing list for LC-GC magazine in electronic or paper form. John Dolan's articles (you should be able to find back-issues on internet) over the years have provided a detailed tutorial in nearly every aspect of chromatography.
John Dolan's LC columns from 1983 through late 2016 are available on our web site at:
http://lcresources.com/training/tsbible.html

An additional (free) resource is available from out hosts at Analytical Training Solutions:
https://www.analyticaltrainingsolutions ... tographers
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
thank you very much for the help
8 posts Page 1 of 1