Seek help in finding good LC-MS book

Basic questions from students; resources for projects and reports.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I hope you help me on this and apologize if this sound very beginner.

I bought some books in LC-MS and I start reading but I still don't understand it well. I did all my time in LC-UV and GC-FID.

The book I read has explained to me theoretical things but that not bad.

I really need to understand practical things like in MRM or SRM what does it mean when they say for example (234 arrow 456) why only one peak appear, this go more complex and use terminology like dilution mass etc

I know it is transition but how you can use this in quantification. I would be quite grateful to see step by step an example of quantification ( excel file or other ). How do you decide which is precursor ion or quantifying ion.

I just want one book or many that I could buy with trust that I can understand. I know your time is valuable but I am sure many have same case especially people with no chemistry background.

In case you want my email

Fraish_2016@hotmail.com

Thanks
You can take the Analytical Training Solutions self-paced LC-MS/MS for Chromatographers course for free:
https://www.analyticaltrainingsolutions.com/ (scroll down the page to the big purple box).
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Thanks Tom this is a very great course I will read it all with passion.

Is there is any supported book someone find it very helpful in the lab ? which can explain every thing ( from lab point of view ) in LC-MS step by step.

I don't know why quantitation when using particular mode confused me always.

Thanks
I'm not sure that a ghostwritten term paper is what the OP is looking for.

You might try David Sparkman's "Mass Spec Desk Reference". It's available in paperback and not too expensive. Here's a link to it on Amazon:
http://tinyurl.com/z9jrtcl
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
The John Dolan articles in LC-GC magazine are an excellent learning-resource too, it's well worth subscribing (free for anyone vaguely professional).
I like de Hoffmann and Stroobant as a good introduction to LC-MS, but it doesn't really do all the quantitative stuff as it should.
5 posts Page 1 of 1