What's the differences between gas Chromatography and other

Basic questions from students; resources for projects and reports.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
yesterday i read about an article about the information of Gas Chromatography, and several items were mentioned in the article which makes me feel confused.

So i want to know the differences between Gas Chromatography, preparative chromatography and column chromatography. It seems that they all have similarities with each other, and i have searched them on the internet but i cannot quite understand their differences.

Even a brief answer is ok. i would appreciate any answer to my question. Thank you
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
http://www.creativebiomart.net/Chromatography.htm
Hi Cynthia

Go to the Student Projects section and put "column difference" in the search bar then look at the top post.

For preparative chromatography

Wikipedia
Chromatography may be preparative or analytical. The purpose of preparative chromatography is to separate the components of a mixture (and collect them) for more advanced use (and is thus a form of purification). Analytical chromatography is done normally with smaller amounts of material and is for measuring the relative proportions of analytes in a mixture. The two are not mutually exclusive

Regards

Ralph
Regards

Ralph
Mobile phase is a gas for gas chromatography, is a liquid in the rest you mention.
Thanks,
DR
3 posts Page 1 of 1