Negative baseline

Basic questions from students; resources for projects and reports.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I am using agilent 1200 series with a UV-VIS detector. My baseline is always below zero although it has no noise and is straight. I am getting good peaks otherwise.is this below zero baseline acceptable or does it indicate any problem?
Hello

Do you use "balance" button? There is also autobalance setting (prerun/postrun). Have you checked those settings?

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
SamNas,

To philosophically answer your question, since you do not see any baseline noise, is the peak you see 1/2 a peak, 1/3 of a peak/ 1/10 of the peak?

You should always see noise. If you don't, you have no idea where your baseline really is. The same holds true for the top of the peak as well, by the way.

Best regards,

AICMM
3 posts Page 1 of 1