Pharmacia FPLC (old)

Basic questions from students; resources for projects and reports.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, I'm have set up an old FPLC system from pharmacia. I am trying to get the UV1 to register on the recorder. I have catalouges for all of the equipment, but I'm not sure how to set the sensitivity of either instrument.
It has been some years now, but I used to work with these at university. Is UV-1 the really old model, made up of two boxes (control unit and optical unit)? Then you have a knob with numbers .001, .01, ... this is where you set sensitivity. The second knob is to adjust the baseline of your recorder. I used to have a paper recorder, but it will work the same with an A/D box. Pump some pure water through the cell and set the baseline to something like 50 mV offset. Then pump 0.1 % acetone in water, set sensitivity to 1, you should get about maximum signal then.
Good luck
Jörg
2 posts Page 1 of 1