I think I have no idea what i'm doing.

Basic questions from students; resources for projects and reports.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
I was shown basics and over time have come close to getting clear separation of my target. I have found by my analytical machine that what I thought should be a clean fraction from my prep was not. Injecting water samples has eluted peaks which I thought my "built in cleaning" method would take care of.

They're both manual injectors and while I was never told details about when to close them back up I've rationalized that a higher %B than initial conditions shouldn't be allowed to enter. I only provide this as an example because I pretty much need an overhaul in technique which I am not getting from my peers. I would like to post and talk about my chromatagrams but I feel there is a lot of noobie stuff I need to go over before hand.

Where do I go/look? I've done my basic rounds of websites like the UCDavis ChemWiki but I'm still left wanting.
Congratulations! You have taken the correct step in asking for help. From your description, I assume that you are working with HPLC. If so, CHROMacademy has some useful information.

http://www.chromacademy.com/hplc-training.html

Please post more details about your analysis for future questions and we will be glad to help.
That resource looks extremely useful and from the descriptions on the direct page linked, looks to have the answers to many of my questions. I may have happened upon this site before, much of it is paid for content? How far can I get without paying?
I may have happened upon this site before, much of it is paid for content? How far can I get without paying?

Check the "Webcasts and Tutorials" box then click on the topics you are interested in. Several of them have some free content to get you started.
Made an account, minimal free content. I appreciate the resource but I can't afford the content.

Thank you for.
If you have an academic e-mail account, you can get the vast majority of CHROMacademy for free, if you ask. If not, you have to pay.
I do, and I signed up with it? Do I need to contact someone?
Update, sent them an email. Got bumped to premium.
8 posts Page 1 of 1