Software for Water HPLC

Basic questions from students; resources for projects and reports.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello - I have Water HPLC system: Water 486 detector, Waters 510 Pump, and Water Autosampler 717 that is working fine. But I have an integrator, what software would you recommend for automation? Is there any compatible software that I can get FREE or cheap? Thank you.
Hai Hlawin

If I am not wrong these modules are 1st generation of waters , now they may not support ----- since you are planning for software better opt with latest modules, models
hlawin wrote:
Hello - I have Water HPLC system: Water 486 detector, Waters 510 Pump, and Water Autosampler 717 that is working fine. But I have an integrator, what software would you recommend for automation? Is there any compatible software that I can get FREE or cheap? Thank you.

If the hardware is working well then the software needs only to acquire the data and do integrator-type analysis with it (peak areas etc), it does not have to automate the operation of the hardware, which is where problems of compatibility arise. Several years ago I used a 3rd party data software called Peak Simple that worked fine. If you google free chromatography software I would not be surprised if you find something that will work, but it will not be as robust or user friendly as commercial systems.

Peter
Peter Apps
Thanks Peter and Raman. How about Chromulan, is that compatible with water 717plus autosampler? I am al missing the RS232 cable, a modifed phone jack connector on the rear panel of the autosampler. I wish our department have some money to get a new HPLC. I am just trying the best I can.
We are currently using Chromeleon 7.2 with a Waters 717 plus auto sampler, 486 detector and a 600 series pump. The software does not control any of the Waters components, but does collect and process the data. We use the controls on the components to set the wavelength, flow, and number of injections. The major drawback to this set up is that we have to use an isocratic flow and we cannot change wavelength during the run.
You can purchase cheap Chinese origin software on ebay , around $300 , like N2000 or Baseline.

They are working well on such systems , and they have two separate channels.
One such option is OpenChrom, an open-source software for chromatography. It supports various chromatography instruments, including HPLC, and offers basic data analysis features. suika game
And we also have developed Peaksel. It reads the vendor files (including Waters MassLynx RAW), accepts a list of compounds, and then detects and integrates the peaks.

As a bonus it has batch-processing features (useful for high throughput experiments), as well as visualizations & stats, and it allows creating Sample Lists from the scouting runs (e.g. for high throughput purification). It's a web app and has REST API. And it supports some advanced mass spec like multiply charged species, different adducts, isotopic pattern matching, etc, etc. Anyway, it's cool ^_^

It's free for non-commercial usage (e.g. for academia), and it's quite cheap (relative to others) for commercial use cases.
Software Engineer at elsci.io (my contact: stanislav.bashkyrtsev@elsci.io)
8 posts Page 1 of 1