organometallic separations

Basic questions from students; resources for projects and reports.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm fairly new to HPLC. Trying to separate organometallic compounds from the impurities in the solution. Trying to develop method on CN plate and C18. I'm having trouble with the C18 plates. The impurities move with the solvent front. Hence, I tried to use gradient elution but so far nothing moves the organometallic compounds. I've only tried extremes such as 100% acetonitrile or 100% cyclohexane or 100% Ethanol. Any suggestions? Help!

What type of impurities they exist?. dealt with buffer, varying the pH? why you want to separeted yuor impurities, because if these move with the solvent, well I think that this is not important if yuor compuond kepp on column.

oscarBAL wrote:
What type of impurities they exist?. dealt with buffer, varying the pH? why you want to separeted yuor impurities, because if these move with the solvent, well I think that this is not important if yuor compuond kepp on column.

Never tried using buffers for this separation. The impurities are basically stabilizing ions. I finally found out what will move the organometallic compounds off the C18 plates now. Thank you though.

eheintz

Okay, now that you have piqued our interest, what did you do to move the organometallics?
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
4 posts Page 1 of 1