Solvents used for fish oils using HPLC-ELSD, silica colum.

Basic questions from students; resources for projects and reports.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, I'm currently doing a research project at the University of Queensland for the completion of a Food Science & Technology degree. My project is aimed at identifying the types of oils found in 3 types of fish that have been known to cause laxative effects when eaten. The laxative effects are caused by wax esters. At the moment my supervisor and I are having trouble finding a solvent system that could be used to analyse fish oils using the HPLC-ELSD with a silica column. I would be extremely greatfull if anyone could help or point me in the right direction. Thanx.
Scott Mcleod

The citation classic: EG Bligh and WJ Dyer, Can J Biochem Physiol, 37, 911-917 (1959) gives a good insight to phase shifts, to boot. You may have to change solvents prior to LC.
2 posts Page 1 of 1