RID Detector parameters meaning, uRIU/FS

Basic questions from students; resources for projects and reports.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello dear colleagues, we have a RID-10a detector, that is working very well. But there are some features that I don't understand. In the recorder range feature it goes from 0.01 to 500 uRIU/FS(Full Scale). When is better to use 0.01 and when 500? How can we interpret this 2 values?. the meaning of full scale (FS)?.

Thanks a lot for your kind cooperation.
"Full scale" is just what it sounds like: the value in RI units at the top of the chart.

The setting should match the height of the largest peak of interest. So for example if your largest peak has a maximum height of 8 x 10^-5 RI units (i.e. 80 uRIU), then the scale should be set at 100 uRIU/FS.

If the maximum height exceeds full scale, the peak will be "flat-topped" and quantitation will be incorrect.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
tom jupille wrote:
"Full scale" is just what it sounds like: the value in RI units at the top of the chart.

The setting should match the height of the largest peak of interest. So for example if your largest peak has a maximum height of 8 x 10^-5 RI units (i.e. 80 uRIU), then the scale should be set at 100 uRIU/FS.

If the maximum height exceeds full scale, the peak will be "flat-topped" and quantitation will be incorrect.

Tom Jupille, thanks alot for your reply. The example was very clear to solve my doubt. Thank you very much..!!
3 posts Page 1 of 1