Agilent 1100 Autosampler (G1313A) problem

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone. The autosampler dropped a vial during its run last night and put the system into "abort", all as it should. However this morning I cannot reset the injector, the transport arm is extended and the vial gripper part is in the "hollow" in front of the needle. Initiating the reset function (from chemstation) appears to do something but the arm wants to move to the right and is stopped by the plastic housing round the needle/needle seat area. This results in an "unknown error" message appearing on the chemstation screen.

Powering the ALS off and on doesnt sort the problem.

Does anyone know if I can manually move the arm and gripper "joint", I have tried using a small amount of force but nothing wants to move (either with the power on or off).

Any other suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Chris
You can manually move the gripper arm by reaching in and moving the worm gears at the back of the sampling unit. Move the arm so it has clearance around it before you restart it. Also, pull the tray out before you start doing this.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Many thanks, that worked a treat and the ALS has reset properly. I had actually tried moving that worm rod but suspect I was twisting it the wrong way. What an idiot :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks again

Chris
3 posts Page 1 of 1