Chemstation - Exporting results into excel format?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

18 posts Page 2 of 2

Re:

Can you do me a huge favor and run through step by step how to export raw data on A 10.2 to csv? I'm being given a shot by being hired as a temp for an industrial plant and would like to help the company save time by using excel functions to do some of the math currently being done by eye and hand. I'm new to this so if you can help, could you do so in a way that explains every click in the software?

franz wrote:
8) Update
Now you can try out a demonstration sending your chromatograms in ZIP format.
This is the address for the demo:
http://portal.netsons.org/chemtools/analisi/upload.php

Instructions:
- Integrate (manually or not) the peaks in all your chromatograms
- Generate the CSV report from chemstation for all your chromatograms
(Under report mask flag destination File and format CSV)
- ZIP the sequence parameter directory containing all your acquisition (and the CSV files created in the previous step)
- Upload the ZIP using the provided link, select the data output format (Excel) and choose wich field to export
- Finish

Limitations
The demo is hosted by a third party free host and the size of file to upload is limited. Theoretical value is 64 MB but after few seconds (about 60 i think) the server could terminate the connection and kill your upload.
For this reason the size of the ZIP file must be limited to about 3-4 MB (i tested a file of about 5 MB and it works fine, but it depends on the speed of your internet connection). All my program needs is the CSV files, so, in order to reduce the size of the ZIP file, you can eliminate all the others files. in this case:
- Make a copy of you sequence parameter directory containing all the acquisitions
- Delete from each acquisition directory all files apart the CSV files
- ZIP the cleaned sequence parameter directory and upload

Re:

Can you do me a huge favor and run through step by step how to export raw data on A 10.2 to csv? I'm being given a shot by being hired as a temp for an industrial plant and would like to help the company save time by using excel functions to do some of the math currently being done by eye and hand. I'm new to this so if you can help, could you do so in a way that explains every click in the software?

franz wrote:
8) Update
Now you can try out a demonstration sending your chromatograms in ZIP format.
This is the address for the demo:
http://portal.netsons.org/chemtools/analisi/upload.php

Instructions:
- Integrate (manually or not) the peaks in all your chromatograms
- Generate the CSV report from chemstation for all your chromatograms
(Under report mask flag destination File and format CSV)
- ZIP the sequence parameter directory containing all your acquisition (and the CSV files created in the previous step)
- Upload the ZIP using the provided link, select the data output format (Excel) and choose wich field to export
- Finish

Limitations
The demo is hosted by a third party free host and the size of file to upload is limited. Theoretical value is 64 MB but after few seconds (about 60 i think) the server could terminate the connection and kill your upload.
For this reason the size of the ZIP file must be limited to about 3-4 MB (i tested a file of about 5 MB and it works fine, but it depends on the speed of your internet connection). All my program needs is the CSV files, so, in order to reduce the size of the ZIP file, you can eliminate all the others files. in this case:
- Make a copy of you sequence parameter directory containing all the acquisitions
- Delete from each acquisition directory all files apart the CSV files
- ZIP the cleaned sequence parameter directory and upload
This is super easy in Chemstation D.02 and E.02 simply Qedit the files and then add them to the custom reports database. Use the default report format or roughly customize it.

When you go back in and inspect the data directory for each sample there will be an Excel file with the data for that sample. It appear not useful but the report format is full of links into that file format. You can see them by scrolling to the hidden columns to the right.

Now copy that default or custom report file to your front office and make sure to keep the links alive. You can modify that custom report into a nice report and each time you refresh links with another data file you have that report.
18 posts Page 2 of 2