Help needed with Varian Saturn GC/MS Workstation

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I work for a startup that recently purchased a Varian Saturn GC/MS. I've been tasked with getting it up and running. I have experience running this machine, but have never set one up. I'm stuck trying to get the workstation software to recognize the MS. According to the manual, the "2000.40" icon should appear as an available module at the bottom of the "System Control - Configuration" window, but it is not happening for me. The GPIB connection is hooked up. Does anyone have suggestions for things to try?

Thanks for any help! Andrew

PS - Here are the system details:
GC = CP-3800 with CP-8400 autosampler
MS = 2000
Workstation = Varian Saturn Workstation Version 6.4.1. running on Windows XP
GPIB = National Instruments GPIB adapter card with driver
Ethernet = D-link Ethernet adapter card with driver
Did you ever get this working? Can you tell me how if so?
Did you ever get this working? Can you tell me how if so?
adregan wrote:
Hi,

I work for a startup that recently purchased a Varian Saturn GC/MS. I've been tasked with getting it up and running. I have experience running this machine, but have never set one up. I'm stuck trying to get the workstation software to recognize the MS. According to the manual, the "2000.40" icon should appear as an available module at the bottom of the "System Control - Configuration" window, but it is not happening for me. The GPIB connection is hooked up. Does anyone have suggestions for things to try?

Thanks for any help! Andrew

PS - Here are the system details:
GC = CP-3800 with CP-8400 autosampler
MS = 2000
Workstation = Varian Saturn Workstation Version 6.4.1. running on Windows XP
GPIB = National Instruments GPIB adapter card with driver
Ethernet = D-link Ethernet adapter card with driver

I have set this system up multiple times and encountered the same issues. There are multiple causes for the problem. if you still need help let me know and I can assist you.

See my post here for more initial information

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102864&p=383064#p383064
4 posts Page 1 of 1