E.02.02 MSD Chemstation - Security Option - Locked Out

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hoping someone can provide some info! I was recently using our E.02.02 MSD Chemstation and I noticed an option in the top/instrument & run control section of the software to turn on the security/compliance option. I check marked the option in the menu and now I am prompted to enter a user name & password. I restarted the PC, and now to even open the software, I am required to enter the user name & password.

I'm guessing there is a default user name & password that I can enter? If so, can someone tell me what it is? I couldn't find it in the manual.

Thank you so much!
Akthmps88 wrote:
Hoping someone can provide some info! I was recently using our E.02.02 MSD Chemstation and I noticed an option in the top/instrument & run control section of the software to turn on the security/compliance option. I check marked the option in the menu and now I am prompted to enter a user name & password. I restarted the PC, and now to even open the software, I am required to enter the user name & password.

I'm guessing there is a default user name & password that I can enter? If so, can someone tell me what it is? I couldn't find it in the manual.

Thank you so much!

I thought there was a simple default password assuming nobody has changed it, but I haven't found it. I did find this in an old thread that might do the trick.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16608&p=80432&hilit=chemstation+password#p80432

The last couple posts show to delete a line in the WIN.INI file in the chemstation directory. If that is present it may do the trick.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Someone did this on my 5975 running the same version of software a couple of years ago.

When I called Agilent, they gave me the default password and that got right into it. Unfortunately, I have no recollection of what that actually is-I should have written it down!

In any case, I'd say it's worth a call to Agilent and they will probably have you up and going in ~5 minutes.
Try login = Manager and password = Manager

If that didn't work, let me know, I may have another idea.
4 posts Page 1 of 1